Friday, December 26, 2008

Ode to My Favorite Bar

So,
take a look at me now.
[ahem]
So,
take a look at me nooooooooow! There's just an empty space!

I've got a thousand stories inside me, and 954 more to go.

So,
here's to alcohol
and here's to long nights and hard times and everything that makes you feel tired
and here's to all the bands I'm quoting right now that no one knows
and here's to 20-year-old martyrs
and 25-year-old retirees,
30-year-old virgins
and 40-year-old wussy boys.
So,
hold me closer tiny dancer.

There, Jeff Knight. There's my bar poem.
Now you reread me yours.

And thank you.
And you're welcome.
And I love you, too.

4 comments:

Kelly/Aperture Agog said...

If I could memorize this, I will totally toast everyone at the bar with this on new years.

Unknown said...

Soon as I saw the quote, I knew it was you, though I had hoped you would be above quoting Phil Collins. ;)

BigSleep666 said...

I will never be above quoting Phil Collins. Or Air Supply.

Unknown said...

Air Supply I can understand. Well, actually... I mean, I know you love AS, so you get a pass there. But Phil Collins?

Take a look at you now INDEED, sir.